Why Do Metal Roofs Leak in Sevierville TN? Metal roofs are notorious for randomly springing leaks. This is mainly due to the screws used to hold the top down. After the roofs become 4, 5, or 6 years old (which isn’t old by any means), the screws will start to unscrew themselves. This is caused by the mid-day heat expanding the wood and the cold evenings contracting on the wood. This constant expansion and contraction squeeze the screws, causing them to slowly back out of the wood.
Table of contents
- Holes in the metal on transition strip
- Lots of loose screws
- This is going to be a serious issue!
- Bottom corners of gables are in bad shape
- More screws backing out
- 1Holes in the metal on transition stripGo To Pin
- 2Lots of loose screwsGo To Pin
- 3This is going to be a serious issue!Go To Pin
- 4Bottom corners of gables are in bad shapeGo To Pin
- Go To Pin