Winterizing the properties in your Apartment Complex, HOA or Commercial Business ensures you can cruise through cold weather without home-related trouble.
When you manage a lot of properties, you have an opportunity for big savings. Volume = Discounts.
Here are some ways you can winterize your roof to avoid potential damage. Keep in mind that prevention is an even better method of home maintenance than repair or replacement.
- Clean gutters. Make sure that your gutters are clear of debris so rainwater and melting snow can drain properly. Clogged gutters may lead to extensive water damage to landscaping, siding, the foundation and other important components of your home.
- Check your downspouts. Melting snow can drain properly from your roof only if your downspouts are free of debris. This can also prevent mold from forming inside the pipe, which can lead to rusting.
- Insulate your attic. Proper ventilation and insulation in your attic can prevent heat loss and the formation of ice dams and icicles. Consult our Litespeed Construction roofing experts on how to achieve recommended insulation levels.
- Inspect and repair. Check your flashing for signs of damage, and take a look at previously repaired parts of your roof. Call a professional to repair loose, missing and blistered shingles or other issues.
- Trim overhanging tree branches. Tree limbs overhanging on your roof can bend and fall when snow weighs down on them. The best time to remove tree branches and limbs is in late fall through late winter.
To ensure the homes in your HOA are winter-ready, schedule a roof inspection. Summer heat may have caused cracking or expansion around flashings, which can result in leaks. Hail and strong winds can damage tiles, shingles and even flat roofing. Litespeed Construction one of the most trusted roofing companies in Knoxville, TN, offers a FREE Roof Inspection, where the condition of your roof is thoroughly evaluated and we can address any problems before this coming winter. Call us today to schedule your roof assessment.
Commercial Roof Service Agreements:
WANT US TO DO IT FOR YOU? Litespeed Construction Service Contracts eliminate worry and keep your properties leak-free all year long. Service agreements minimize your out of pocket expense, and make sure the maintenance is done on time. Here’s how Litespeed’s service agreements work.
- We do a free inspection of your property. We show you the video documenting the strengths and weaknesses of your roof.
- We provide an estimate to bring your roofs into good standing. For most customers, this cost is minimal and only involves fixing a few leaks.
- We sign a service agreement and complete any necessary repairs. From that point forward, you pay a set monthly cost. We inspect your roofs 2 times per year. We complete any necessary repairs. If you experience a problem, you call us and we take care of it. Never worry about a leak again. In the case of catastrophic damage, we work with your insurance company to make sure the repairs are covered.
Schedule a Free Commercial Roof Inspection and learn more about our Commercial Roof Service Agreement program.
Litespeed Construction offers many other services that remove the headache from managing an HOA. Want to make sure your insurance is right? Insurance claim denied? Want to make sure your gutters aren’t causing problems? Need info about subsidies or energy rebates. We know roofs. We can help your roof stay worry free for years to come.