Upon inspection of a flat roof leak, I discovered improper materials used on the flat portion, along with an extremely old three tab shingle roof. I discovered some leaks and issues with the shingle roof, as well as the plumbing vent boots. There are also several areas in the soffit that have rotted and some areas of facia board. The house has no soffit vents, gable vents or ridge vents so there is no way to move super heated air out of the attic. This can speed up the aging process of your roof.
Table of contents
- Improper materials metal on flat roof
- Old three tab shingle roof with issues
- Chimney and chimney flashing issues
- Brittle shingles
- No drip edge causes problems!
- Bad plumbing vent boots cause leaks
- Bad wall flashing
- 1Improper materials metal on flat roofGo To Pin
- 2Old three tab shingle roof with issuesGo To Pin
- 3Chimney and chimney flashing issuesGo To Pin
- 4Brittle shinglesGo To Pin
- 5No drip edge causes problems!Go To Pin
- Go To Pin
- 7Bad wall flashingGo To Pin